Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 II wireless charging stopped working!

SOLVED
profile.country.NO.title
JohnnewArchibald
Explorer

Xperia 1 II wireless charging stopped working!

I got my Xperia 1 II about two or so weeks ago and I have used my Samsung wireless charger with it ever since however just 2 days ago the wireless charging stopped working on my Sony phone.

I tried to use a different wireless charger, did not work, so I tried a different phone on the wireless chargers to see if they were broken but no they work.

I tried restarting my Sony phone multiple times to see if it would start charging wireless but nothing.

I then tried to charge my phone fully via cable and let it run a few percentages down to 95% and then try wireless charging.

Everytime I put it on a wireless charger, the charger itself blinks a little suggesting its struggling to make a connection, then the phone tells me to make sure there no objects between the phone and the charger, there is no case on the phone and I tried with the case but nothing makes a difference. 

Its a shame because I use wireless chargers in my home and my car all the time.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Gemlanc
Explorer

My partner has the exact same issue. I have contacted Sony and they have stated it is basically not there problem as they can only guarantee sony wireless chargers! 

On a side note we are both using a Samsung double charger, however his appeared to stop working once he had done the latest update, mine still works however I haven’t done the update! Had you all updated to the latest software?