Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 ii - Sometime unable to answer and reject a call and phone stays constantly ringing

profile.country.GB.title
rosspl2
Explorer

Xperia 1 ii - Sometime unable to answer and reject a call and phone stays constantly ringing

Xperia 1 ii - Sometime unable to answer and reject an incoming call and phone stays constantly ringing

This has been a problem for a while, most phone calls are answered or rejected without issue but every so often when I go to answer a call it just hangs then returns back to the incoming call screen. There's no way to get ride of it until I restart the phone.

This morning the phone had the latest 'System Update' the settings say the phone is now on Android 11 (Unsure if it was on Android 11 before the update) but the first call I received since the update had this issue.

Is this a known bug?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there

Why don't you try to troubleshoot the phone app itself from the steps in this link and check if the same issue will happen or not : https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets/articles/00235707

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Wether your broblem is over or not, try Smart Call Handling.

Put the phone at your ear to answer

Shake to reject

Turn face down to silence the ringing

Great feature.

profile.country.GB.title
rosspl2
Explorer

Hi

Thanks for the response, a lot of the steps in that guide I have tried before but with no luck. I've given the clearing cache for the phone app a try for now and the issue hasn't repeated yet. Although I've not had many calls and this is an intermittent issue so I'm not confident yet that that has fixed the issue. I'll check back in a month to see if the issue has repeated.

Piscie
Community Team

Hi rosspl2 , also try the connection during the safe mode ( Hold the power key for a secs then touch and hold on the power off option on the pop up menu )

Hope it helps!