Join now - be part of our community!

xperia 1 ii rear camera always in use error!!! please help!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
jezboy007
Explorer

xperia 1 ii rear camera always in use error!!! please help!!!!

i have a sony xperia 1 ii purchased on release, now the camera has stopped working when i press the camera button it shows error and underneath unkown error?, when i swipe the screen down the torch shows camera in use?? i can use the front camera but only on Duo??????  ive purchase most sony flag ship mobiles on release and this being the most expensive so far its really annoying and a bit of a joke!!.

ive been through the sony companion and tried repair and tried a clean install but nothing works i really dont want to send it back being that covid19 is about, the repairs probably going to take months!!!!!

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there , you can try the steps in this link on the camera and test the camera after each step: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets/articles/00235707

And you can also test the camera on safe mode and check if you will get the same error message.

profile.country.US.title
jeoleo7

Will clearing the app data help ?

I believe restore factory settings will work if the hardware is not faulty.

Had same issue with XZs but clearing data helped.

profile.country.GB.title
jezboy007
Explorer

Nothing has worked, factory reset twice and also used the companion software but that didn't resolve either posting back today 😔

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Did you restore everything?

A possible cause may be that another app is 'occupying' the camera.

If so, the camera should behave like expected in safe mode.

profile.country.GB.title
jezboy007
Explorer

Before I restored I tried the camera with the same problem, also tried safe mode that didn't work either

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Time to contact Sony support on Monday through the support app on your device.

Hope it can be fixed soon.