Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 II problem with 3D iToF sensor

profile.country.RU.title
Adminof
Explorer

Xperia 1 II problem with 3D iToF sensor

I have a problem with the 3D iToF sensor. When I bring the camera too close to an object, I see frequent flashes of blue, especially when I’m looking at reflecting things, such as a mirror or the display of another phone. When I turn off auto focus in the Camera app, flashing stops. Does anyone have a similar problem?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
mamller6487

This is not a bug it is the feature:D

To measure the distance to an object the phone uses this signals you sometimes can see.

profile.country.RU.title
Adminof
Explorer

I understand that. But it’s really annoying when you stand in front of something reflective and take pictures, and something constantly blinks. For example, in the iPhone there is the same sensor in the front and it is not visible with the camera of another smartphone, because it is much less bright. Does it also blink on your phone? Just want to make sure that this is not a software error or factory defect.

profile.country.DE.title
mamller6487

Yes i also see this flashing light. 

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

All infra red based devices will show in camera shots unfortunately, it's due to the camera being able to see that part of the colour spectrum. You can test this using any TV/DVD remote etc and press a button whilst pointing at camera.