Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 ii disappointments or dodgy handset??

profile.country.GB.title
MrG2319
Explorer

Xperia 1 ii disappointments or dodgy handset??

I am a new xperia 1 ii user, coming from iphone..... (having been an android user before)

i only got the xperia 1 ii in december but already having problems and starting to wonder if i have a bad phone, as i expected better from a sony flagship.

it started off randomly dropping network signal, EE uk, it would drop from 3/4 bars 4g to nothing, then come back 30 seconds later. mostly noticed as a call was incoming or just answered and then i would miss the call.

i also tried a 5g speed test whilst in central london the other week to only get 50mbps, i used to get more on 4g.

secondly, im also having  random mic issues when either making or receiving calls, the other person cannot hear me at all, i can hear them fine no problems. when this happens i can retry the call 3,4,5 times and have the same problem each time. the next time i use the phone, later on or another day, i dont have any problems..... 

today i tried to answer a call and it just sat hanging, i had to shut the phone down to exit the call, the screen became un-responsive. 

has anyone else had similar problems or has any ideas????  should i contact sony support?? 

i was going to try the software repair tool but was a bit unsure, not sure how it works?? i dont want to have to reload all my apps and passwords again really

thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there, you can try the steps in this link for the signal issue: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets/articles/00235712

It's not with the same name for your issue but it has the same steps. For the Mic issue, there is a test for the Mic on the support app on your phone, perform the test and check what 'll the result be. You can also try to enable your device on safe mode and check if you will face the same issues or not.

And here is a video for how to perform a software repair by the Xperia Companion:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YQ23k11NFc

just make sure to back up your data first and remember the Gmail account that's registered on the phone before this step.

profile.country.GB.title
MrG2319
Explorer

Thanks for your help.

i have tested the mic and it worked ok, but the issue is intermittent so I know there’s going to be a problem diagnosing it. 

I am waiting for a new SIM card to try and will test it again. 

I may have to try the software repair if no different. 

Ive since found a few threads on various sites about poor signal but no one seems to have a resolution that I’ve found...... 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

No worries, you're welcome. I don't think that this issue has been confirmed as known issue from Sony but let's see if they will or not.