Join now - be part of our community!

Usb PD not working after Android 10 update xperia 1

PsYCOW
Visitor

Usb PD not working after Android 10 update xperia 1

I've noticed my xperia 1 is having issues fast charging (PD) on my Xperia 1 since updating to Android 10. Well my powerbank worked on Android 9 in PD mode now it keeps stopping intermittently and using my usbc current adaptor shows it's not boosting voltage above 5v with exactly the same setup. Also when inline with original charger is doesn't boost voltage. 

Has anyone else experienced this? 

It can't be a coincidence my power bank and power meter dieting can it? 

I use to be able to see 12v when fast charging on my xperia 1

Ps: 'xperia 1 won't list in 'associated Products' field at bottom. 

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Ashleyibbotson
Visitor

Ever since the update my usb is not recognising the power supply and not charging. I did a soft reset earlier and speradically charges

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Is it just the PD charger and normal charger works?

Try it on another phone to see if the problem is phone or charger.

xenite5
New

I am having the same issue.

The original charger I got in the box of the phone charges notmally. I keep my original Sony chargers from my previous phones. They were working perfectly until Android 10 update. Now all of these chargers give USB error. Even though all cable and plugs are original!

I kept the phone on charge all night and battery charged from 12% to 15% and I had to restart twice to get rid of USB error. 

RuneJ
Contributor

Check this thread for simialr issues and suggestions:

/t5/Xperia-1/Charging-so-slowly-up-to-andorid-10/m-p/1397272#M4476 

PsYCOW
Visitor

@Strampke wrote:

Is it just the PD charger and normal charger works?

Try it on another phone to see if the problem is phone or charger.

Original included xperia 1 charger works fast (usbc to usbc)

other chargers work but slow (5v)

Xiaomi 3 Pro Power Bank use to work before update at 12v with sony usbc to usbc cable. Now it doesn't, it works for about 2 secs then stops and connects over and over.

I dont have another xperia 1 to test with or know of anyone that has a phone that uses the PD protocol.

MEJIREX
Visitor

My PD Power BANK (philips dlp8611c)

Xperia 1 android10  not work(Stop and connects)

XZ2P android9 Work well

Other PD charger it work,but I don't konw in PD or 5V

FranceFronsi
Visitor

I am having the exact same issue. At first I thought my Mi powerbank pro 3 is faulty but it appears that the latest update has rigged the USB-PD voltage negotiation for all Xperia 1 devices. After testing with some of my other adapters, I can confirm that the problem only occurs with non-sony USB-PD power sources that can output above 9V.  On my USB tester, I notice that all chargers (except the Sony one) will initially output 5V, after a few moments it will step up to 9V and as soon as it hits 12V it stops charging for a moment then resets back to 5V the cycle the repeats. I really hope sony fixes this soon. For now, the standard USB A port on my power bank, the PD adapter that came with the phone and my apple 9V/2A PD adapter works fine 

Benoh
Visitor

The same as me.  Before I update android 10 every kind PD charger working well. After update only original work. But. Even SONY CP-ADRM2can't work @@