Join now - be part of our community!

type c to 3.5mm adapter issue

Horace323
Visitor

type c to 3.5mm adapter issue

I don't know is it my adapter problem,

I changed at least 3 adapters, but none of it survive 1 month, except the one that comes with the package. my earphones working fine and I don't think it is the adapter problem, I often use it, because I can't enjoy listening to music due to this issue.

the main issue is that the adapter will suddenly stop working, I don't want to spend the money to buy a new adapter

3 REPLIES 3
Zacabeb
Visitor

This might be of little help, but the adapter that is included is reportedly semi-passive and switches the USB port into audio accessory mode, in which the data pins are instead used for analog audio from the phone's internal audio DAC and headphone amp.

Other adapters may be active and then contain their own audio DAC and headphone amp. It could be a compatibility issue causing them to stop communicating with the phone after some time.

Horace323
Visitor

Thank you for your solution, but still didn't fix

Beetlebum1
Visitor

I have similar problem. Have had my Xperia 1 about 6 months. At 3 months manufacturer supplied usb c would only play one ear or was crackly. I purchased anothrr one good brand for around £8 and that has failed after less than 2 months. Obviously audio is not as good on wireless headphones but it is very frustrating having to buy another cable, which I assume is not covered by warranty. If anyone has a link to fix this or any suggestions (I couldnt find a heavy duty adapter cable) please post. I think not having a separate headphone jack is the worst feature on this phone along with no wireless charging. iPhone users extremely jealous of the massive screen (which isn't cracked lol) however.