Join now - be part of our community!

The audio gets an itch louder on lower/average volume (and opposite) every time I pause/exit media!

SOLVED
M_Ali
Visitor

The audio gets an itch louder on lower/average volume (and opposite) every time I pause/exit media!

I have this strange issue with my new Xperia 1 device (bought December 30th, 2019). When in low/ averege volume, I get milliseconds of loud noice every time I pause or exit media (For example videos, music, voice message and games, no matter the platform). When in very high/max volume, I gett the same effect but with lower noice. This short sound is also a small continuation of the media I am listening to. The noice reminds of when you unplug a speaker from a computer while it is playing some sound. And, not only does it do that in the main speaker, but also in the earpiece speaker! This issue has been going on since day 1... (below is a link to some examples of this problem)

First, I tried to put the phone in Safe Mode to make sure that it wasn't any third-party software that caused the issue, but after doing so, it was still the same... I have tried to contact Xperia Costumer Service, and they suggested to clear the storage and cache from the Audio Settings app. I did so, but didn't work. They mentioned later that I should concider sending the phone to the workshop if the problem still persists.

However, I think this is a software-related issue, because both speakers are having the same problem, but they do work great in general. The problem only appears when I pause or exit the media I am playing. You can see how it sounds like here (sorry for bad quality, I was in a hurry while fimling these).

Over to the final questions; Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Is there anything else you suggest me to do? Is this really a software-related issue that can be fixed during an update?

Thank you for your time and help in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
M_Ali
Visitor

Okay, so for some reason this issue got patched out after the March security update (55.1.A.3.107)! I no longer have the speaker issue anymore, as well as two other issues I have had! Those were the following:

The first "other" issue was the notification ring/dot with the number "1" I had on the phone app, the one you would see when you miss a call. Even though I didn't have any missing calls, I still had that annoying notification dot. This problem got resolved.

The second issue is when having a call recorder installed (any app), the one I am speaking to did not hear my voice every time I turned on the loudspeaker. My microphone did for some reason turn itself off every time I turned on the speakers. Turning off the loudspeaker did not help, as the only solution was to re-call again and rely on the ear-speaker, or uninstall the call recording app so that I could use the loudspeaker again. This issue also got fixed, so now I can use a call recording app without worrying about switching speakers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Zacabeb
Visitor

I have the same issue since the Android 10 update.

M_Ali
Visitor

Hmm, I see. I updated the phone to Andorid 10 right after I got it, so you can say I didn't test out what the phone had to offer before updating it. Pherhaps the Android 10 update caused the issue..

SAWIG
Visitor

Getting similar issue. Also in phone calls I have to turn up the volume then turn it back down to get it to the lower desired level.

M_Ali
Visitor

Okay, so for some reason this issue got patched out after the March security update (55.1.A.3.107)! I no longer have the speaker issue anymore, as well as two other issues I have had! Those were the following:

The first "other" issue was the notification ring/dot with the number "1" I had on the phone app, the one you would see when you miss a call. Even though I didn't have any missing calls, I still had that annoying notification dot. This problem got resolved.

The second issue is when having a call recorder installed (any app), the one I am speaking to did not hear my voice every time I turned on the loudspeaker. My microphone did for some reason turn itself off every time I turned on the speakers. Turning off the loudspeaker did not help, as the only solution was to re-call again and rely on the ear-speaker, or uninstall the call recording app so that I could use the loudspeaker again. This issue also got fixed, so now I can use a call recording app without worrying about switching speakers!