Join now - be part of our community!

SIGNAL PROBLEMS

Ayanprbn
Visitor

SIGNAL PROBLEMS

I am having signal problems on my Xperia 1 device ... the signal drops from time to time..call quality is sometimes bad and I need to know if this can can be fixed ...a lot of people are complainin about Xperia devices on bad signal ...come on Sony , don t you people read this topics ? Do a software update for bad signal...DO SOMETHING before we all become Samaung users !

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Do you not think it may be an issue with your network, depending on where you are?

azzido
Enthusiast

I doubt it is network, I tried 2 different carriers and had issues with call quality. Well not entire call (for example 40mins) wss bad, no. It's not like constant, but there are drops where I do not hear the other side or people are saying they do not hear me from time to time. Moreover, sometimes the calls are completely dropped... And thisbis unacceptable. 

I was highlighting weak signal reception on Xperia 1 but so far no fix. Note that you can check your signal strength in the settings. Go to settings - - > system - - > informations about the phone - - > sim card state. There you can see the dBm( decibels relative to milivatt ) which is value in fact strength of your signal reception (the lower the worse). My current values for Orange are about -107dBm to even -119dBm! And I live in a big city. Other carier is similar.

Below article says the usable strength is max -85dBm and xperia 1 is so poor that it is below -110dBm: 

https://www.accu-tech.com/accu-insider/what-is-a-good-cell-phone-signal-strength

What are your dBm values and what carriers? Can you please check and share? 

azzido
Enthusiast

Screenshot_20190927-210950.png

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

o2, uk, -89dBm is what I see.(o2 uk, -91dBm is what I see in my car when driving, also connected to a Nextbase dashcam)

Orange was the worst network I remember "back in the day", closely followed by T- Mobile, and they both are EE now, IMO, garbage signals no matter where I was with my old contract phones.

Closely followed by Vodaphone.

We use Vodaphone in our work now, and I guarantee we cannot get a full phone call without major glitches and robotic phasing in the audio.

So for 4G you actually get a "fair" signal.

The 4G list is below:

3g_vs_4g_lte_signal_strength_in_dbm.png

azzido
Enthusiast

Meanwhile I switched the carrier, but situation is the same, this is an Xperia 1 issue since I do not have such a problem when tried shamesung of my cooeague at the same location, below X1 with another carrier:

Screenshot_20191002-094242.png

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

whats your 4G performance like? Like how fast are your downloads, and streaming, is that ok?

Wilkolak-
Visitor

Cześć!
I have exactly the same problem. (Also in a HUGE city...)
And also Polish operators.
Is there simply no support for Polish cellular brands?
Can I ask where you exactly got the phone? Maybe the problem lays in where we got it?

SONY - come on! Why?! >:/

azzido
Enthusiast

I got in from EuroRtvAgd market directly, not from carrier. Currently with Plus, previously I was with Orange but quality of signal was not good. 

pressefr
Contributor

Each time you put in a new SIM, which seems like you've tried 2 different carriers do you click to 'Download settings for internet and MMS' ?Screenshot_20200303-101458.png

And second, alter the APNs to carrier's specificity, sometimes they have new LTE 'nextgen' settings. I would call and ask what are is your current APN settings? _20200303_101514.JPG