Join now - be part of our community!

phone app icon (1) won't go away

SOLVED
billson
Visitor

phone app icon (1) won't go away

Hoping someone can help. I missed a call and there's a 1 on my phone app icon. I've tried everthing I can to get rid of it but it wont go, its been a couple of days now. I've deleted all call history, force stopped the app and restarted the phone. 

82 REPLIES 82
kamalaggi
Visitor

Hi,

Im using the Google Dialer and i can't seem to get rid of the notification dot. Its currently showing 1. My recent calls is empty. Ive attached a picture if you don't understand what i mean.

Im running Android 10 with the latest Google Phone app from playstore.

Any ideas on how to fix?

_20191218_005906.JPG

Yekollu
Contributor

Weird, mine was fixed with the recent update... try signing up for the beta version

kamalaggi
Visitor

Ive tried the beta but no luck. It seems like its stuck on 1.

Jonas
Master

Hi @kamalaggi, sorry to hear that.

It was supposed to be fixed in the latest update of the Google Phone application, however there are still some reports that it wasn't fully fixed and I have forwarded this information to the relevant department.

I'll get back to you when I know more about when a solution will finally be in place.

@Yekollu, does it work all the time now? You mentioned in the other post that it worked better, but you still had to clear the missed calls manually at times.

Yekollu
Contributor

@Jonas Nope, still have to clear it manually at times. 

Djqwilk
Visitor

I have the 1 on my icon as well, it didn't show up until I updated to 10. But it showed up immediately. Any word on a fix?  It's been almost a month since it happened on my xpirea 1

iam_chowsingsin
Visitor

Hi,

I have the same issue with my Xperia 1 when using the Phone app provided by Google.

It reappears right after running software repair...

But I am ok with my Xperia 5 using Google Phone app.

Would it be possible that...Xperia 1 default Phone app is developed by Sony, substitue it with Google Phone with result in this bug?

Any thoughts?

Ccmivs
Visitor

軟體更新了,還是無法解決

Software update, still can't solve

gt

Jonas
Master

Hi @Djqwilk,

I have asked for some new information as the old one that I have is very updated at this point (says that the update for the app would be released late November).

To be honest, I'm not sure why this is taking so long and why 2 or 3 updates for the Google Phone app has not solved this yet. Slightly_frowning_Face

@iam_chowsingsing, in the Xperia 1, the default phone application is the Xperia phone app, unless you have a specific customization (Vodafone). In the Xperia 5, regardless of customization, the Google phone app is the default one.

If you are using the Google Phone app on both devices, uninstall it on the Xperia 1 and use the default one and see if there is any change.

@Ccmivs, a software update is not needed to resolve this, it's an update for the Google phone app that is needed in order to have this resolved.

I'll get back in this thread when I know more about a permanent fix and thank you all for your patience.

kamalaggi
Visitor

Looks like this is finally fixed in the latest beta (44.0.292482385-publicbeta). Slightly_smiling_Face