Join now - be part of our community!

phone app icon (1) won't go away

SOLVED
billson
Visitor

phone app icon (1) won't go away

Hoping someone can help. I missed a call and there's a 1 on my phone app icon. I've tried everthing I can to get rid of it but it wont go, its been a couple of days now. I've deleted all call history, force stopped the app and restarted the phone. 

82 REPLIES 82
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Yes, its a uk model, sim free unbranded contract phone on o2 from carphone warehouse, so no operator software on it.

You would have vodaphones "tweaks" to the OS if it was a branded phone when you originally got it, then got it unlocked.

Don't know what that's going to do for future updates, as both EE and Vodaphone alter their software before sending it out to users.

What's the software version on your phone, as I'm sure a few members on here only got the latest update about 2 weeks ago or so, whereas sim free users got it first.

billson
Visitor

I'm on 55.0.a.2.314

It's strange as I had a black one originally direct from o2 before this which come unlocked but would obviously still have o2 software on it. I had no problems with it at all although wifi calling didnt appear in the settings and neither does this one. Since ive got this grey one Ive noticed it says LTE+ instead of 4G and I now get HD voice calls, on the o2 one it said 4G and I never got HD voice calls. 

I just hope this phone isn't faulty or anything I got it for a really good price box opened but I've still got a week to send it back. 

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

So the one you have now is Vodaphone branded, even if it's unlocked, due to their software and the LTE+ icon.

The o2 one you had was unbranded/unlocked, as you have to have an o2 branded phone, or at the very least a phone from o2, running o2 firmware/software/OS to get voLTE, otherwise, you just get bog standard 4G HD voice calls.

I wonder if it may be related to Vodaphones answering service,altered or still running and as you now don't use their service, the icon still might indicate you have missed calls/messages, 

I wonder if they tweak the running services. 

billson
Visitor

Yes thats correct. I have no idea but this phone is either faulty which is highly unlikely or as you say its a vodafone handset and something isnt working right with specifically EE or any other network apart from them. It's certainly annoying though!

It was completely fine until I missed a call. I suppose I could flash it but thats probably not the best idea I've never done anything like that before. 

billson
Visitor

After doing some tinkering I've finally found a way to get rid of it. When I have a missed call, instead of unlocking the phone and going straight to the phone app, I swipe down to get the notification and select the missed call that way, then it goes. If I go straight to the phone app and clear it it doesnt go that way.

Guess I'll have to get a vodafone sim card and try that. If it still happens then there's a problem.  

crossfire_1
Visitor

I too am experiencing this number (1) on the phone app on Sony Experia 1... Disappointing... Awaiting fix...

SAWIG
Visitor

I am getting similar issue again on text messaging app. Do the same steps of force stop, clear cashe, clear data, restart. Sometimes it goes away and sometimes it does.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

When I open the message in the app it goes away.

Just opening the app doesn't make it disappear.

SAWIG
Visitor

I understand that. It seems like it has a bug when multiple messages come from the same person rapidly while opening the notification. Second restart resolved it but this is the second time this has happened so far.

ClaireMann
Visitor

I have the same problem. Any solutioms Sony?