Join now - be part of our community!

Notifications won't close

profile.country.GB.title
Blizzz_84
Explorer

Notifications won't close

I did the latest update a few weeks ago and ever since I can't get rid of messenger icons on the lock screen unless i restart, even though I've closed the bubble and have no new notifications. I get one icon for each bubble which stops other notification icons showing up, it's incredibly annoying. Anyone else had this or know how to get rid of it? It's when the phone is locked and you open the case it pass over the sensor so you get the black screen with the clock and notification icons

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Try to clear the messenger app like clearing cache and data , force stop the app, uninstall and then install again.

profile.country.GB.title
Blizzz_84
Explorer

I've done all of that, it clears the notification the same as restarting, but as soon as I get another notification it starts again. It's only since the last software update. Before that as soon as I closed the chat bubble the notification icons disappeared

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Well, you can try the steps in this link as long as the issue happened after the update :https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets/articles/00237681

hwill88
Explorer

@Blizzz_84 I have exactly the same problem!!

In a way, I'm glad it's not just me!

Absolutely no idea how to fix this, though 😞 I just have to keep restarting my phone. So annoying! 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there, did you try the steps sent in the above links ?

profile.country.GB.title
Blizzz_84
Explorer

I tried all of the steps apart from the factory reset. App is the most up to date version. Safe mode was useless as the messenger app is disabled in this mode so I am not able to even try and recreate the issue. Last time I did a factory reset it took 5 hours to get my phone set up again properly and I lost data despite having done a full back up beforehand so I'm not about to do that for the sake of a notification icon!

profile.country.GB.title
Blizzz_84
Explorer

Incidentally I've just discovered that after starting in safe mode and then restarting normally, all of the folders that I had my apps organised into have been deleted and I now have a mass of apps in random order in my menu. Is this normal/supposed to happen? Not impressed!

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

No safe mode doesn't do that, it just disables the downloaded applications and when you go back they are just  back again in the same order. Did there order just changed on your home screen ?

profile.country.GB.title
Blizzz_84
Explorer

Home screen was fine, but when I swiped up to get to all of my apps all of the folders that I made to group my apps were gone and the apps were all in random order.

I've ended up having to do a factory reset because everything kept glitching after I'd used safe mode. I'm now not getting any notifications whatsoever on my lock screen even though my settings are the same as before as far as I can tell