Join now - be part of our community!

Issue with network dropping

Clennon
Visitor

Issue with network dropping

My network coverage keeps dropping I spoke with EE my network provider. They sent me a new SIM card, this has not fixed the problem and I'm stuck for what to do. This happens at completely random times.

152 REPLIES 152
xenite5
New

As I told before a Level 2 technical manager told me that EE is aware of the problem but they don't care as their 4G network works without an issue on other devices. 

They literally on the phone told me to switch network and move from EE to others as they don't care about the issue and it is Sony's responsibility to solve it. So they told me they can cancel my contract.

All those are a level 2, high level, technical manager words. I won't share their names etc obviously but it is VERY frustrating that Sony didn't do anything, no explanation, no information, no solution and EE doesn't even care about customers to contact Sony and ask what went wrong.

Instead they are willingly send us away to other operators. 

Very sad. 

JanieD91
Visitor

Thanks for the info harunt, I've remained loyal to Sony with phones for over 10 years but I can't switch network provider so looks like I'll have to return this as faulty and get the Huawei p30 pro instead Slightly_frowning_Face

Clennon
Visitor

I hope this is not true.

xenite5
New

Exactly. Since the very first day of smartphones I had sony. I never gave up on them. But we offers me 100gb plan with 20gb price and I could buy a cheaper better Google pixel instead. 

I am very sorry. I will wait 10 days and see if sony responds to the issues and finds a solution. 

RuneJ
Contributor

If it it so that carriers like EE happily sends customers away/wants to loose customers over this, there has to be a reason for it.Winking_Face

xenite5
New

I believe they are taking a because sony made a deal with o2 for pre order. 

I believe everyone having the problem should ring EE and complain. They say they don't have enough case but if many people complains, they have to look at it I assume. 

Chippy_boy
Visitor

Obviously I don't know who harunt spoke to, and I am not questioning what he has said.

But something does not ring true here.

FirstI am finding it very hard to believe that EE are fully aware of the problem given that the phone is only 1 week on the market here. If they were fully aware of it before launch, (and are not going to fix it) what on earth are they doing allowing Xperia1 customers to sign up on new contracts? Makes no sense. And if they were not aware, are we to believe they've done exhaustive tests, found the problem and make a strategic decision to do nothing but simply recommend customers switch networks all over a period of a couple of days? I don't believe that either.

Second, the Xperia 1 uses the same chipset and modem as many other phones which presumably work without issue. So there is no reason why the XP1 should not work, or cannot be simply fixed with a minor software tweak.

Third, I find it frankly unbelievable that EE would simply recommend another network. Maybe harunt was told this, but I cannot believe that is official EE policy. They'd surely suggest swapping phones, not swapping networks!

Fourth, if this was a known problem (that will never be fixed), why are all the retailers retailers offering the XP1 on EE? It would be withdrawn from sale.

So overall I don't believe what harunt has been told is correct. There does seem to be an issue but I am fully expecting it to be fixed very soon, once enough people make EE and Sony aware of the problem. I am going to talk to EE and Sony myself and see what I can find out.

Clennon
Visitor

Was thinking this myself since update this morning my xp1 been fine

Chippy_boy
Visitor

Mine hasn't 😞

But I haven't had any update, as far as I am aware?  What version are you now on?

I'm on 55.0.A.2.205 and it says this is the latest version.

Clennon
Visitor

.278 version was a 300+mb download