Join now - be part of our community!

HDR is not working properly

SOLVED
Mani8210
Visitor

HDR is not working properly

Bei meinen Xperia 1 funktioniert HDR bei wenig Helligkeit nicht richtig. Es schaltet nicht automatisch um. Erst wenn ich die Helligkeit hochregle oder das Licht aufdrehe. Ist das normal? 

In my Xperia 1 HDR does not work properly in low brightness. It does not switch automatically. Only when I adjust the brightness or turn up the light. Is that normal? - GT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SleepIsForTheWe
Visitor

You need high sustained brightness for HDR, especially on OLED panels...that's why HDR doesn't work on low brightness, as for HDR on netflix, make sure that whatever you are trying to watch is available in HDR, and turn that brightness up.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Mani8210
Visitor

HDR on Netflix does not work
On my XPERIA 1, HDR does not work on Netflix. Do I have to wait for an update? War may still have the problem and how can you solve it?

HDR bei Netflix funktioniert nicht

Bei meinem XPERIA 1 funktioniert HDR bei Netflix nicht. Muss ich da noch auf ein Update warten. War hat vielleicht noch das Problem und wie kann man es lösen? 

@Mani8210 

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

Daveydguk1
Visitor

Google translated

HDR on Netflix does not work On my XPERIA 1, HDR does not work on Netflix. Do I have to wait for an update? or may still have the problem and how can you solve it?

DJAxcess
Visitor

Do you have a normal Netflix account or Premium?

It does not work for me either, but that's just the point

that you can only stream to full HD with the normal account, for 4k needs

the premium account of Netflix. Guess that's the same with HDR.

Hast Du nen normalen Netflix Account oder Premium?

Bei mir funktioniert es auch nicht, da liegt es aber schlicht und ergreifend daran, 

dass man mit dem normalen Account nur bis Full HD streamen kann, für 4k braucht 

man den Premium Account von Netflix. Vermute, dass das bei HDR dasselbe ist.

Mani8210
Visitor

Have a premium account. Unfortunately it does not work. On Youtube it works only from a certain degree of brightness. Is that normal?

Habe einen Premium Account. Funktioniert aber leider nicht. Auf Youtube funktioniert es auch erst ab einer gewissen Hellikeitsstufe. Ist das normal? 

Daveydguk1
Visitor

@Mani8210 wrote:

HDR on Netflix does not work
On my XPERIA 1, HDR does not work on Netflix. Do I have to wait for an update? War may still have the problem and how can you solve it?

HDR bei Netflix funktioniert nicht

Bei meinem XPERIA 1 funktioniert HDR bei Netflix nicht. Muss ich da noch auf ein Update warten. War hat vielleicht noch das Problem und wie kann man es lösen? 

@Mani8210 

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

I read the translation and swapped the word War as it wasn't PC ;o)

SleepIsForTheWe
Visitor

You need high sustained brightness for HDR, especially on OLED panels...that's why HDR doesn't work on low brightness, as for HDR on netflix, make sure that whatever you are trying to watch is available in HDR, and turn that brightness up.

Mani8210
Visitor

Also ist es normal. 

Vielen Dank für die Antwort. 

Lg Manuel 

So it's normal.

Many thanks for the answer.

Manuel

gt

Sukhtaj
Visitor

My #Xperia1 #Netflix HDR sometimes does not work and sometimes work. #Sony should partner with #Netfilx and #Amazonprime to support 4k videos on phone. If any other company gives 4k display in near future and partner with them, it will kill Sony. 

profile.country.GB.title
Gilgameshuk
Contributor

Two answers to this bud:

First is that SONY have begged, pleased and sent many emails to Netflix to fully support the Xperia 1 on 4k HDR, the same goes to Amazon.

Netflix only support xperia 1 under their official recommended device list for 1080p HDR (even with premium)

Netflix released a statement saying NETFLIX DOES NOT SUPPORT 4K ON MOBILE DEVICES

Amazon blames sony about the 4k thing yes the XZ Premium works in amazon 4k, so logic would say AMAZON has more than likely done a backroomn deal with Samsung or Apple to excluse Sony Xperia 1 from having 4k.

Gilgamesh the first ONE and ONLY King