Join now - be part of our community!

Google Phone for Xperia 1

SOLVED
profile.country.UA.title
SaenkoVitalik

Google Phone for Xperia 1

Hello!!! Tell me why my Xperia 1 has a softphone from Sony, and not from Google Phone. On some Xperia 1 and Xperia 5, Google Phone is installed by default. Google phone is not available for me on Google Play !!!

17 REPLIES 17
Horwarth
Visitor

@Jonas wrote:

Hi @Horwarth, sorry for the very late reply.

In the Xperia 1, the Google phone application is pre-installed in devices with a Vodafone customization, if you have a different customization than Vodafone, it will be the Xperia phone app. In the Xperia 5, it is the Google phone app regardless of customization.

I haven't heard anything back but I'm pushing for new information every single day and hopefully I'll have information about a fix shortly. Not really sure what is taking so long..

Thanks @Jonas, ok, I am living in Austria, so I think the Vodafone firmware is not good for me. Maybe you can tell the Xperia Developers the following (or is there a way that I can contact them?):

Google Phone App from Playstore is not able to install, because the "Google Dialer Framework" is missing. Sony has to implement it, then we are all able to install the Google phone app from playstore Slightly_smiling_Face

Thanks

Yours Horwarth

Horwarth
Visitor

Ok, with the newest Android 10 Update it is possible to install the google phone app from playstore, therefore, solved. thx

Jonas
Master

Hi again @Horwarth!

Yeah, I noticed that as well when the Xperia 1 was updated to Android 10. Not sure if Google made it available for everyone except for Pixel users in Android 10, or if something else has changed.

I enjoy the Google phone app quite a bit since it has inbuilt spam protection and there are some rumours going around that it will have call recording soon (someone managed to activate it on the beta version at least).

Have a nice weekend! Slightly_smiling_Face

AleksandrK
Visitor

For now, Google phone available to install from Google play for Xperia 1?

NRay
Visitor

hey mang when fix update??? 

Jonas
Master

Hi @AleksandrK,

Yes, at least on the Xperia 1 devices I have access to, I can download and install the Google phone application. It doesn't work on the other devices recently updated to Android 10 though (XZ3 and XZ2-series).

pressefr
Contributor

@Horwarth wrote:

@Jonas wrote:

Hi @Horwarth, sorry for the very late reply.

In the Xperia 1, the Google phone application is pre-installed in devices with a Vodafone customization, if you have a different customization than Vodafone, it will be the Xperia phone app. In the Xperia 5, it is the Google phone app regardless of customization.

I haven't heard anything back but I'm pushing for new information every single day and hopefully I'll have information about a fix shortly. Not really sure what is taking so long..

Thanks @Jonas, ok, I am living in Austria, so I think the Vodafone firmware is not good for me. Maybe you can tell the Xperia Developers the following (or is there a way that I can contact them?):

Google Phone App from Playstore is not able to install, because the "Google Dialer Framework" is missing. Sony has to implement it, then we are all able to install the Google phone app from playstore Slightly_smiling_Face

Thanks

Yours Horwarth

Are y'all talking about Google Voice? After installing Google Voice and Google Hangouts. Then you install Google Dialer to make Wifi calls via Hangouts.

Jonas
Master

@pressefr, no, we are talking about the Google phone application.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.dialer

In my opinion it's a bit bitter than the Xperia one since it has inbuilt spam protection. Not a big deal for everyone, but here in the Nordics people call you and try to sell stuff. If I want to buy something, I'll do it myself! Slightly_smiling_Face