Join now - be part of our community!

Double tap to lock xperia 1

cowboy641
Visitor

Double tap to lock xperia 1

does xperia 1 cancel double tap to lock? i'can't find it, is it will came back in future?

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@cowboy641 

I don't think this option is available or will be introduced anytime soon. I didn't see it since Xperia XZ Premium.

You can still use double tap to wake the screen from sleep from Settings -> Lock screen & security -> Lock screen preferences -> Enable "Tap to show lock screen".

Daniel1017
Visitor

For now Xperia 1 just have double tap to wake function what I'm wish is could available that function double tap to sleep too~

Don't need always pressing on/off button or just wait 15 sec to sleep mode…

Wish next system updated could adding this useful function 😊 thx

Jonas
Master

Hi @cowboy641, sorry for the late reply to your question.

The double tap to sleep feature was discontinued in the second half of 2017 and I don't have any information if it will return at a later date, but I will of course forward your feedback regarding this feature not being available.

Hi @Daniel1017, I agree with you, the double tap to sleep is something that I used more than double tap to wake and with the addition of always on display and so on, I can already get the information needed without having to turn the screen on, so having a feature to quickly put the device to sleep would be very handy.

As I wrote to @cowboy641, the tap to sleep feature has been discontinued, but I will continue to forward feedback from users! Slightly_smiling_Face

Thanks again for the feedback and have a nice day!

ply17410
Visitor

If you're taking a survey of who uses "double tap to sleep" .... count me in.  Used it frequently on my Z5.

Really am missing it on my new Xperia 1.

Bob H

mfuad
Visitor

Dear moderators,

I also would be very happy to have double tap to sleep function on Xperia 1. The function is very convenient.

Thanks.

Jonas
Master

@ply17410, sorry for the late reply.

I will make sure that your feedback will also be forwarded, but I can't make any promises!

@mfuad, I will forward your feedback as well! Slightly_smiling_Face

Thanks again for the feedback and have a great day!

Ilacard
Visitor

I also miss it a lot.

If it could make any difference, please do count an extra request!

P_B_81
Visitor

I also support, I had in X Performance ... 😉

Yekollu
Contributor

It won't be coming back.... The higher powers at Sony are bent to drive the mobile phone business to the ground