Join now - be part of our community!

Best format travel charger for USB C Sony & Pixelbook etc. Any advice?

profile.country.GB.title
andchalk

Best format travel charger for USB C Sony & Pixelbook etc. Any advice?

Have made the transition to nearly all USB C devices. Easy to find chargers for that in lightweight travel format but I'm not 100% sure of the optimum charging format for the X 1 ii.

I read about differing versions .... Fast Charge, and all sorts of other formats and names that are used. I'm not sure what the difference is .... if any.

Anyone know what the optimum format of charge is for the X 1 ii?

Also anyone know of a really good, lightweight travel charger that uses that format say for 2 or 3 USB C inputs?

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

a quick google search recommends: Anker PowerCore 20100 power bank, it has only 2 usb c input though.. :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
andchalk

Thanks for the steer. 

Yes I can find many chargers but they all seem have differing standards ... on the phone side. I think the charging standards used by Sony differ for example to Samsung and Apple.

Yes they will all charge but they seem offer differing formats ... or at least names 

Here's an article (a bit older now) that outlines the problem

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/fast-charging-standards/

I cut and paste this bit out which might explain better what I meant ...

"The most important fast charging standards are USB PD (USB Power Delivery), Qualcomm Quick Charge, Samsung Adaptive Fast Charging, Apple Fast Charging, Huawei SuperCharge, Motorola TurboPower, Oppo Vooc, OnePlus Dash Charge, and MediaTek Pump Express."

Sony isn't even mentioned in the list. Have no idea what their standard is for the X1 ii

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there, this is the charging type mentioned in the specs  of the Xperia 1 ll : USB Power Delivery (USB PD) fast charging, Qi Wireless charging, so i believe it has to be the same thing. 

profile.country.GB.title
andchalk

USB PD .... got you, many thanks for clarifying this. 

The Qi I knew and indeed we use this ... works very well. But knowing that it's USB PD means if I understand correctly, that it was cross all charging bases. 

Good to know thanks