Join now - be part of our community!

Android 11 battery drain

profile.country.GB.title
neporwo
New

Android 11 battery drain

Hi,

Having just installed Android 11 I'm noticing a drastic decline in battery life. I'm set up as I was before with stamina etc but under my normal usage I'm finding I am nearly flat out at the end of the day where as before I wouldgo to bed with around 30-40%.

Anyone having similar issues,thanks advance. 

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Jon.Hidden-Coley

Yep, same with me. I used to get 2 days before the battery got to roughly 50% but since updating to Android 11, I only get 1 day (I'm not a regular heavy user). Something's definitely happening in the background that's draining the battery faster.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

I have the same impression, though I do not measure it.

Reckon that it'll be fixed in one of the updates to come.

Anyway, if you want to do something about it then there are several steps you can take.

To start with I suggest you to open the Support app on your device and tap ' Troubleshooting'.

Search for battery and you will end on a web page where instructions are given to reduce battery drain.

Open settings on your device and type battery, then tap 'battery usage' and further tap the 3 dots in the upper right corner.

Hope it'll help.

profile.country.GB.title
TheUKTraveller
Explorer

Same situation here. Before the upgrade 80% was good for 2 days without charging (using the phone for playing),now it just lasts for half a day. Same usage 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I believe this can be rectified in the upcoming security patches, but for now you can try the steps in this link , they might help:https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/mobile-phones-tablets/articles/00235697

Eskimo89
New

Yes, about 20% decline in battery preformence 😫

profile.country.FI.title
Marrop
New

Same problem,immediately after update!

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

The other thing is that after a major update the system needs to settle.

Give Adaptive Battery some time.

Read Google's tips.

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

@Strampke, Good call with the Adaptive Battery.

There's also Power Saving Feature on Xperia's with Android 11, which is also called Battery Optimisation on Google phones and some brands.

That's in Settings - Apps & Notifications - Advanced - Special App Access - Power Saving Feature, and select "All Apps".

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

That's a really good link, thank you.